This goes well with fresh cut french fries seasoned with sea salt, and a good medium-bodied beer. :-)
COLORADO PEACH BURGER
1 lb. ground beef
1-2 fresh (not canned) peaches
salt and pepper to taste
- Form the burgers into patties, season with salt and pepper, and place on the grill.
- While the burgers are cooking, peel, pit, and slice the peaches. Be sure to slice the peaches vertically rather than into wedges.
- The last few minutes of grilling, place the peach slices on the burger and cover with the cheese (the cheese keeps the peaches from sliding off), leave on just long enough for the cheese to soften and begin to melt.
- Once the burgers reach desired doneness, remove from grill and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Place on roll, add condiments (but do so lightly...remember, you want to enjoy the mix of the peaches and burger!) and enjoy!